Ask Rose Inc.
Last Updated: April 20, 2020
If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Privacy Notice here [insert link].
THE ACTIVITIES, TOOLS, AND INFORMATION FOUND IN THE SITE AND APP IN NO WAY SUBSTITUTE FOR CARE PROVIDED BY A TRAINED MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSIONAL. PLEASE SEEK HELP FROM A LICENSED MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSIONAL IF YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU MAY BE SUFFERING FROM DEPRESSION OR ANOTHER MENTAL HEALTH DISORDER. IF YOU ARE UNSURE WHETHER A SERVICE IS RIGHT FOR YOU, OR ABOUT HOW TO BEST IMPLEMENT ITS CONTENT, BE SURE TO CONSULT A LICENSED MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSIONAL ABOUT YOUR CONCERNS.
- What Information Do We Collect?
- Personal Information: We may collect certain information that relates to and/or identifies you in connection with the use of the Site and App, including: (a) when you register to use the Site and/or App, we may collect the personal information such as your name, email address, therapist contact information, the fact that you are using that therapist, password, gender, and other information detailed therein (“Registration Information”); (b) if you provide your email or communicate with us by email but do not otherwise register to use the Site or App, we will collect your email address; (c) information a patient may provide in the App, including the patient’s emotional check-ins, surveys the patient complete, and any journals a patient may create (“Mood Information”); and (d) usage information on which activities a patient may have completed in the App and how long you have spent on various pages (“App Information”). All of this information is “Personal Information.” If you contact Rose or your mental health professional through the App and disclose additional personal information, we may also collect and store that communication.
- User Data: “User Data” means all data other than Personal Information that users provide us regarding or related to themselves or their use of or access to the Site or App.
- Web Tracking Information and Cookies: The Site and App may use web tracking technologies such as cookies, pixel tags and beacons in order to operate the Site and App efficiently and to collect data related to usage of the Site and App. Such collected data (“Web Tracking Information”) may include the address of other websites you have visited, the type of browser you are using, your Internet Protocol (IP) address, device model, device ID and other unique device identifiers, what webpages in you visit and what links you clicked on, and whether you opened email communications we send to you. We may also use web tracking technologies that are placed in web pages on the Site and App or in email communications to collect information about actions that users take when they interact with the Site and App or such email communications. We do not correlate Web Tracking Information to individual user Personal Information. Some Web Tracking Information may include data, such as IP address data, that is unique to you. We use this information not to identify individual users, but to analyze trends, administer the Site and App, track users’ movements around the Site and App, and gather demographic information about our user base as a whole which provides us with the ability to determine aggregate information about our user base and usage patterns.
- How Do We Use the Information We Collect?
- Registration Information: Specifically, we use Registration Information to create an account for you on the Site and/or App and to contact you about our Services. For patients using the App, we may also share Registration Information with your mental health professionals if you provide their information. We store Registration Information and do not share it with third parties except those service providers that make it possible to provide the Site and/or App.
- Mood Information: We use your Mood Information to provide, maintain, and improve the App. We analyze your Mood Information using artificial intelligence and other tools to assess your mental state; we share the Mood Information with your mental health professionals if you provide their information and your consent. We do not share Mood Information with anyone else without your explicit consent.
- Web Tracking Information: We use Web Tracking Information to administer the Site and App and to understand how well the Site and App Are working, to store your user preferences, and to develop statistical information on usage of the Site, App and Services. This allows us to determine which features visitors like best to help us improve the Site, App and Services, to personalize your user experience, and to measure overall effectiveness.
- App Information: We use App Information to improve our services and provide you with a better experience in the App.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information: We will also create statistical, aggregated and/or de-identified data from the above Personal Information, User Data, and Web Tracking Information for analytical and commercial purposes. Aggregated and/or de-identified data is derived from Personal Information and User Data but in its aggregated and/or de-identified form, it does not duplicate or reveal any User Data or relate to or identify any individual. This data is used to understand our customer base and to develop, improve and market our services and technology.
- Promotional Communications: If you register and provide your email address along with the applicable consent, we may send you administrative and promotional emails.
- Account Closure: If any of your account information appears to be incorrect, please contact us and let us know. If you delete or close your account, and subject to applicable state or federal laws mandating data retention, we will delete or anonymize any Personal Information associated with your account, but other information you submitted that is not associated with you personally may not be deleted.
- What Information Do We Disclose to Third Parties?
- Personal Information: We will not disclose your Personal Information to any third parties except as follows:
- To third-party contractors engaged to provide services on our behalf (“Contractors”), such as analyzing data and usage of the Services, hosting and operating the Services, providing marketing or support and maintenance services for the Services, or providing customer service. We enter into agreements with all Contractors that require Contractors to use the Personal Information they receive only to perform services for us. We currently only use AWS and The MathWorks, Inc., doing business as MATLAB, as Contractors that process your Personal Information.
- If you have a mental health professional and want to share your Personal Information with him or her for the purposes of improving your therapy experience or mental health, we will share your Personal Information with your mental health professional and that professionals’ organization with your consent, including your Mood Information, App Information, and Registration Information.
- We will share your Personal Information when we otherwise have your consent to do so.
- Web Tracking Information: We may disclose Web Tracking Information to Contractors, in order to analyze the performance of the Site and App and the behavior of users, and to operate and improve the Services.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information: We may disclose aggregated and/or de-identified data that does not contain Personal Information, including at times User Data, to any third parties, such as Contractors, potential customers, business partners, marketers, and funding sources, in order to describe our business and operations.
- Disclosures Required by Law: Under certain circumstances, Rose may be required to disclose your Personal Information if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
- Additional Disclosures: Finally, we may disclose your Personal Information in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- comply with a legal obligation;
- protect and defend the rights or property of Rose;
- prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Services;
- protect the personal safety of users of the Services or the public; or
- protect against legal liability.
- Privacy Settings and Personal Rights Requests
If provided for by applicable law, you may exercise your right to deletion, right to know, right to portability, right to opt out, or right of access by contacting us at email@example.com or following the prompts in the App.
If required by applicable law, we will respond to any such request, and any appropriate request to access, correct, update or delete your Personal Information within the time period specified by such applicable law. We will promptly fulfill requests to delete Personal Information unless the request is not technically feasible or such data is required to be retained by law (in which case we will block access to such data, if required by law).
Your removal from the mailing list or database will not remove data you have submitted to us or records of past use of the Site and/or App, nor delete information stored in our data backups and archives. Such data will be maintained and/or deleted in the ordinary course of Rose’s business.
If you wish to opt out of promotional emails (but would not like to have your information permanently removed from our database), you may do so by following the “unsubscribe” instructions in the email, or by modifying your account settings. All users receive administrative emails, and so you cannot opt out of them while you remain registered in the Site and/or App.
- Security: We use reasonable security precautions to protect the security and integrity of your Personal Information in accordance with this Policy and applicable law. However, no Internet transmission is completely secure, and we cannot guarantee that security breaches will not occur. Without limitation of the foregoing, we are not responsible for the actions of hackers and other unauthorized third parties that breach our reasonable security procedures. We take reasonable steps to protect user privacy consistent with the guidelines set forth in this Policy and with applicable U.S. state and federal laws. WE TAKE THESE PRECAUTIONS IN AN EFFORT TO PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION AGAINST SECURITY BREACHES. HOWEVER, THIS IS NOT A GUARANTEE THAT SUCH INFORMATION MAY NOT BE ACCESSED, DISCLOSED, ALTERED, OR DESTROYED BY BREACH OF SUCH FIREWALLS AND SECURE SERVER SOFTWARE. BY USING THE SITE AND/OR APP AND SERVICES, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO ASSUME THESE RISKS.
- Minors: Rose does not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information from persons under 18 years of age, and no part of the Service is directed at persons under 18. If you are under 18 years of age, then please do not use the Service. If Rose learns that personally identifiable information of persons less than 18 years of age has been collected, then Rose will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. To request the deletion of any such information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Retention. We will retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to provide you with the services you request through the Site and/or App. After several years of inactivity, we may delete or anonymize your Personal Information.
Please contact us with any questions at: email@example.com, or at
Ask Rose Inc.
1616 17th St, Suite 564
Denver, CO, 80202